Is your child a 21st Century Scholar? To find out more information, click HERE
April 10- Optimist Youth Appreciation Dinner
April 15- Spring Music Concert at 7 pm
April 16- 8th graders freshman class schedules due to Mr. Smith
April 17- Mid-Term Reports
April 20- School Improvement Meeting at 7 pm
Click Here to See What Our Multi-Media Class is Up To!
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF APRIL 14, 2015
The Board of Trustees of the School Town of Speedway met in the Boardroom at the high school on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. The following Board members were present:
Mrs. Laura B. Daghe, President
Mr. Thomas Smith, Secretary
Mr. Luke Bickel, Member
Dr. Terry E. Reed, Member
1. Following a motion by Mr. Smith and seconded by Dr. Reed, the Board voted unanimously to approve the minutes of March 10, 2015.
2. Assistant Superintendent Patti S. Bock presented proposed changes for the Student/Parent Handbooks for the 2015-2016 School Year. Discussion followed.
3. Assistant Superintendent Patti Bock presented a preliminary report regarding 2015 Summer School Programs.
4. Following a motion by Mr. Bickel, and seconded by Mr. Smith, the Board voted four “ayes” and no “nays” to provide funding to the Speedway Parks and Recreation Department as presented.
5. Following a motion by Dr. Reed, and seconded by Mr. Bickel, the Board voted four “ayes” and
no “nays” to approve the Event Parking Plan as presented.
6. Superintendent Kenneth E. Hull presented a recent court decision regarding Reduction in Force (RIF). Discussion ensued.
7. By consensus, the Board accepted $136,480.60 in grants. Copy attached.
8. Following a motion by Mr. Smith, and seconded by Mr. Bickel, the Board voted four “ayes”
and no “nays” to approve for the 2015-2016 School Year: Kyle N. Trebley as Principal of Speedway High School, Charles J. Shields as technology teacher, and Mary E. Snapp as Fisher Elementary Principal.
9. Claims #1352 through #1497 were approved by signature and warrants were drawn.
10. The meeting was adjourned at 8:13 p.m.